Happy Friday! We have a few closures that will be occurring this weekend. Please take note and allow yourself more time to get your destination. We have a total of 5 various closures along the I-10 Freeway in Arizona.
As always, drive safe and drive smart!
• Eastbound Interstate 10 closed between the I-17 “Stack” interchange and the State Route 51 “Mini Stack” interchange from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday (Sept. 27) for Deck Park Tunnel maintenance. Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Seventh Street also closed. Both I-17 ramps to eastbound I-10 closed. DETOUR: Please consider alternate routes. Eastbound I-10 traffic will detour along southbound I-17 and reconnect with I-10 near Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
• Westbound Interstate 10 closed between the I-17 “Split” interchange near Sky Harbor Airport and Seventh Avenue from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (Sept. 28) for tunnel maintenance. Southbound State Route 51 ramp to westbound I-10 also closed. DETOUR: Westbound I-10 traffic will detour along northbound I-17 to the I-10 “Stack” interchange. Westbound Loop 202 ramp to westbound I-10 will remain open and traffic will exit at Seventh Street and use McDowell Road to travel beyond tunnel closure.
• Eastbound Interstate 10 (toward Tucson) narrowed to one lane between Queen Creek and Riggs roads from 9 p.m. Friday to 8:30 a.m. Saturday (Sept. 27), from 8 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday (Sept. 28) and from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 29) for pavement resurfacing. Eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Riggs Road closed. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time. Consider using eastbound I-10 on-ramp at Riggs Road while the Queen Creek ramp is closed.
• Eastbound Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane in areas between State Route 85 and Watson roads in the Buckeye area from 10 p.m. Friday to 9 p.m. Sunday (Sept. 28) for pavement resurfacing. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and be prepared to slow down and merge safely in work zones.
• Northbound State Route 85 ramp to eastbound I-10 closed from 3 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday (Sept. 27) for pavement resurfacing. DETOUR: Northbound SR 85 traffic can detour east on Southern Avenue and north on Watson Road to reach I-10. Eastbound I-10 ramp to southbound State Route 85 closed overnight from 1 a.m. to 8 a.m. Saturday (Sept. 27) for pavement resurfacing. DETOUR: Eastbound I-10 traffic can detour south on Palo Verde Road and east on Southern Avenue to reach State Route 85.